2026 Disclaimer for the "Joel 2 Generation" blog

I did a disclaimer for the "Joel 2 Generation" podcast, as I was alerted to the fact that I had mentioned many names/ministries that I had at one time endorsed, and was influenced by, that I would today not only not recommend, but actually would warn people against them.

I have noticed that this blog needs a similar disclaimer. I am in the process of going back to remove names and/or to put notes at the end of particular blog posts with words of clarification.

When we decided to move intentionally into the world of Charismatic Christianity (around the year 2000), we came from a conservative Evangelical background, as well as a growing understanding and commitment to Early Church history (namely the Ante-Nicene Fathers - AD70-AD325).

Because of these influences, all along the way, I felt like we had a pretty good "filter" as we waded into Charismatic waters. To this day, we are thoroughgoing Continuationists, and we pursue the exercise of all of the charismatic gifts mentioned in the New Testament. Note: So did the church of the 2nd century, in case a Cessationist is reading this.

Now in 2026, we have come to learn that many ministries we initially trusted, were influenced by, and openly endorsed, are ministries we can no longer recommend. 

This blog, being that it goes back to 2006, still includes references to people and ministries that we currently would minimally no longer recommend, and in some cases would warn people against as false and/or dangerous.

As to who was false/corrupt all along or who ultimately became false/corrupt, I'll leave that assessment up to the Lord. 

In short, some began well and ultimately became false and/or corrupt along the way. Some appear to have been wolves all along.

As we go forward, I believe our filters have become even more discerning. But as careful as we have become, I am sure that we will still make mistakes, and of course, it is always possible that a minister/ministry that is currently sound can get off track and become corrupt in the future.

If you do see anything that I may have missed, please let me know.

Contending earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints (Jude 1:3)

Comments