word of knowledge silences a muslim wanting to debate

yesterday we had an amazing trip out to the desert where God orchestrated a divine appointment that blew us all away but since Desert Princess and a couple friends saw were mostly involved, I'll leave that testimony to her.

I had been wanting to go out to the desert to visit some Iraqi Arab muslims I had met who worked there. The weather wasn't very good and it didn't look like we'd find them but eventually we did. Immediately we had the chance to pray for one mans' healing after a word of knowledge for a foot problem that I had. After about 10 minutes, one of the men I had prayed for 3 months earlier came up. We had a video recorder and he shows us his foot and toes. He had had a bent toe and I prayed for him the last time and it straitened out - in retrospect, I don't think I have ever seen that type of healing miracle before. He proudly showed us that it was "still strait".

I had a couple of Arab Christians with me this time and this same guy begins to debate a bit about the differences between Islam and Christianity. I didn't want us to head in that direction, so I explained to him that we believe the "Kingdom of God is not a matter of words, but of power". AT THAT VERY MOMENT, a clear word of knowledge comes to me about a deaf left ear. I ask him "who is it who has the deaf left ear". He looks shocked, "my brother does and he'll be here in a few minutes". So much for the debate. We actually had to leave before he arrived - he was delayed a bit by a job he was doing. I will be meeting him soon.

In leaving, I was able to give this man (whose toe was straitened and who had wanted to debate before the word of knowledge) an Arab New Testament. God has such fun ways to redirect and change things that are going in a fruitless direction.

Comments