The CRAZY things some Christians believe...

Last night we had a brother join us for our gathering. He listened to testimonies and even heard me teach about the nature of the Kingdom – a place where there is NO SICKNESS! The reason I had invited this man was because I noticed he had hearing aids and had approached him a number of months ago. He is almost completely deaf. Before he left, we asked if we could pray for him. He said sure, but didn’t want prayer for his deafness. Then out of his mouth came the most amazing statement – “God has blessed me with this deafness”! Wow, you couldn’t come up with a more unbiblical statement if you tried. I asked him if there was EVER a deaf person that Jesus encountered that He left deaf. He conceded the point. Jesus healed EVERY deaf person that ever came to Him.

I realize that some well-meaning (but sadly deceived) pastor probably taught our brother that his deafness was from God. He surely didn’t get it from the Scriptures. After he left, I opened up the Scriptures for the rest of the group to show them what the Bible said about deafness – Jesus told the disciples of John the Baptist to go and report to him that…the deaf hear…

Comments