“Immediately” They Were Healed

Yesterday I got the opportunity to join in the “before school” prayer meeting that we have started doing at Bethel. I went in feeling a little discouraged due to some bad news I had received the previous day, and was not really in that place of wanting to be around a bunch of joyful, drunk people. That being said, I desperately needed an encounter with God that would break the heaviness that was weighing me down. We did lots of praying, soaking, crying out, manifesting, and prayer walking. Still I was bummed in my spirit. After this our leader asked if anyone had any prayer requests for healing. Many did, or knew of somebody that did.

So once everyone had shared I went up to a boy in the First Year of School of Ministry to pray for his knee, which he had probably injured while under the power of God (this guy gets blasted major when hit with the anointing). He said his knee was very painful all day. So I laid my hand on him, commanded the knee well with a simple phrase, and then asked him how he felt. He said it was 35% better. I called it up to a 100%, and then asked him again. 75%. I commanded 100% a final time, and the guy was totally healed, 100%, jumping up and down, pain free. I got excited! My discouragement began to leave as I knew God had just released healing power through me. I was a conduit for his manifest presence, happy, or sad. I did not feel anything when I prayed, but something was released, and it all happened within a minute.

I am finding out that I get the most breakthroughs when I don’t sit and pray at the infirmity to leave with long drawn out words that seem to take forever. The quicker the better I reckon! Jesus always just said a word (or even nothing at all) and infirmities would be bound, and His power loosed. He contended in the secret place, and then saw immediate breakthrough when the issues presented themselves on the streets or in people’s homes. This is what I am learning to do more and more.

When Jesus told his disciples that the boy with epilepsy could not be healed except through prayer and fasting, how many of you know Jesus did not pray and fast right then and there when he rebuked the demon and it came out of the boy. He did not say “come back tomorrow after I have prayed and fasted for your condition”. No! He had already done it in the secret place, so that when instances like this arose, he would be ready for them, and be able to cast them out with a word. He was prepared, and it is from this position of faith that I am now choosing to pray from.

Comments