More manifestations of the Spirit's power

Tonight was the final service we had in a Midwestern Church. Our team gave a number of meaningful prophetic words to people and also shared powerful testimonies of how they had encountered God in supernatural ways.

The message I preached was about the pursuit of life changing encounters with the Holy Spirit. As we moved into a ministry time, I gathered the entire church together in one large holy huddle. We asked the Spirit to come and HE CAME! Some wept, others laughed, prophetic words came. Wave after wave came crashing over us. The Lord healed people, He released gifts of the Holy Spirit - it was just beautiful as person after person had their own encounters with God.

As I began to pray for impartation for one couple, the Holy Spirit overwhelmed them and they were 'down for the count'. I followed them down and the Lord put a cry inside me for the Fire of God to come - as I cried out for that fire, the Lord came upon this man (I learned later when I asked him what was happening) and the very thing I cried out for began to manifest within him - he felt God's fire coming. This is a guy who told me that he was quite skeptical when it came to some of these types of encounters (which he said was due to his rather conservative church background).

It isn't possible to recount all the encounters people had. There was just so much going on all at once.

At the end of it all, the Glory of God began to manifest upon people as a number of people started to find gold dust on their hands and faces. One young man had so much gold around his mouth that we called him "Golden Mouth", which I told him was prophetic because that was what John Chrystostom's (the great Early Church preacher) name meant. I felt it was a prophetic indication of a calling upon the young man's life.

I can't even begin to express the honor it is to be a part of seeing God's Kingdom come to touch people's lives. He visited His people tonight and just to watch that happen NEVER gets old. I also was touched powerfully by His awesome presence.

Comments

  1. AnonymousJuly 30, 2007

    Ahh...that was awesome, I was there!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment