The prayer of the rightious avails much

A few days ago I was at the St. Mark's shrine with my wife and a Syrian friend. While enjoying the sites and history of the church, our Syrian friend noticed a woman weeping at the foot of the shrine. She asked the woman what was wrong, and found out that she had just lost custody of her daughter, and her husband had left her out on the street, homeless and without any money. Having compassion on the woman, we handed her some money to get by for the day, and then asked if she would like us to pray for her. She agreed, so my wife and friend began to minister, as I stood off quietly and interceded from the sidelines. As I was praying, I felt as through our prayers were in vain, as we were not actually meeting the woman's immediate needs of bringing back her daughter and giving her a place to live. I began to get discouraged when the Lord spoke to me about how none of our prayers are ever in vain. He says in His word that the prayers of a righteous man (that's me, my wife and my Syrian friend) avail much, and that whatever we ask in His name, BELIEVING, we will receive it. It is important that we trust God that He loves His children more than we do, and that He is always good and faithful to look after them, and answer our prayers. Where two or three are gathered, He will be in the midst of them. Although we may never see the fruit of our prayers, we have to trust that God heard us, and that He is always faithful to His word. Pray that the woman would see victory in her life today, and that through it; Jesus would get all the glory!

Comments