outreach in the artic circle

While up in the Arctic circle I got to lead a small treasure hunt team out on the streets. Since we were in a very small town with not a person in sight, I told the kids that we will offer the kingdom to anyone we pass. As we were walking we noticed a man walking along the street towards us. As soon as I saw him I got a word of knowledge in my shoulder and the back of my neck. When he got close, I asked him if he was suffering with neck or shoulder pain. "Yes" he said confidently. "I am". We explained to him the we were Christians and that the Lord had revealed to us his condition because He wants to heal it and take away the pain. "Can we pray for you?" I asked. "Yes" he replied. As I went to pray however the man seemed to change his mind and began to tell us that we should save our prayers for the world instead of wasting them on him. I have gotten this response from many people I have tried to pray for, and I think it is their way of trying to be nice to cover up their fear of being prayed for in public by a stranger. So we blessed him, told him God loved him and that we would pray for his pain to leave as he went on his way.

We then walked further down the street when a young boy on my team name Abraham from the Congo felt the Lord directing us up another street. So we changed course and followed his lead. We then bumped into a small little woman on her way to the shop. I asked her if she had any back or ankle pain, and sure enough she had both. Again, we explained that we were Christians and that God wanted to heal her. She was very open. The girls in the group bent down and commanded the woman's ankle and back to be healed in Jesus name. When we were done we got the woman to check it out to see if there was any change. "I feel peace, and my ankle is feeling better" she said. She was unable to tell right then if her back was any different, as it hurt her mainly when she went to sow. We talked some more to her and told her that God loved her and had a plan for her life. She then spoke to one of the girls in our group in her native language and said that she wanted to come to the conference we were having. God is good!

Feeling energized from that experience, we crossed the street. As we did a man on a bike was heading fast towards us. I was going to let him pass, but one of the girls in the group jumped right in front of him, forcing him to slam on his breaks! As he came to a stop, she asked him if he had any pain in his body. Sure enough, he did. He showed us his finger and explained how he had put a knife through it and lost all the feeling in his finger. He had no feeling for quite some time. We all laid hands on it and commanded feeling back into his finger. He tested it out and said he could feel more on one side of the finger. We prayed again, and the man said that he could feel more than he ever could since the accident! That was cool!

After this we ran into another team, and I jokingly asked if anyone had a knee problem. Sure enough, one lady did. I prayed for her but she could not notice any change right then. Two days later she came to me and testified that her knee was completely healed!

We then went to a Gas station where I got a word of knowledge for a shoulder, and an arm pain. I had a feeling if was for the man behind the register, so i bought myself a chocolate bar just to give me a legitimate context from which to ask him. As I was paying i asked if he had a shoulder pain. "No" he said sternly", "But I have a pain in my arm"!! Wow, that was crazy. I had gotten the word of knowledge for an arm as well" It was like playing go-fish where the other person has one of your cards, but you asked for the wrong one. He let me pray for his arm over the counter, but could not tell me if there had been any change. I encouraged him the God was doing something, and then we all headed back to the conference. It was a fun outreach!!

Comments