when do you plan your next healing service?

The other night we went after a healing for a close friend who has received prayer on numerous occasions without seeing breakthrough. It was after seeing God move powerfully over the course of an evening meeting that we faced an eye condition that causes constant pain and has stolen so much from our sister’s life.

What do we do when don’t see breakthrough? How do we respond? Many will allow the discouragements to shape their future. Sadly, I can say that for years I didn’t really pray for the sick after seeing some people I prayed for not get healed.

I like what Bill Johnson shared after seeing cancer rip away the life of his secretary. They were seeing cancer healed. She chose to trust God alone for her healing and the battle was lost. Bill recounts that after receiving the call that she had died, he began planning their next healing and miracle service! Who even does that? I’ll tell you I have learned more from Bill Johnson in that story alone than in 100 other sermons on miracles and healing.

We lose battles. We don’t see everyone get healed. Sometimes people die. So what was I going to do after praying yet again for a young woman who was the first person I’d ever met to see God heal a blind eye through? Her eyes didn’t get healed – what was I going to do? Let a few days of discouragement go by? Ponder ‘adjusting’ my theology to somehow consider God being less good than He is? NO WAY. It was time to plan the next healing service!

The next blog post is about that service – oh yes, since there wasn’t a Church service soon enough – we took it to the streets.

Comments