God visits Omani muslim in 1940's

As relayed by missionary doctor in a 1943 Mission Journal:

An Arab judge (an Omani muslim) who was being healed for a huge leg ulcer had a remarkable dream which considerably affected his life. The ulcer had baffled us for quite a long time. It was surrounded by an area of eczema which seemed to get worse no matter what we did for it. One evening I decided to try painting the edematous area with a triple dye solution and applying a paste of sulphonamide and zinc oxide mixed with shark liver oil to the ulcer area. The next morning when I came to treat his ulcer with this combination of drugs he told me that he had had a vision that night. He said: 'Last night I was worried about my leg. I was afraid that it would not heal, and I could not sleep well because of the burning and itching. The I saw a person in shining clothes come to me and tell me not to worry. He said that the doctor would bring some dark lotion and white ointment and apply them to my leg and it would heal. He spoke to me so kindly that I knew it must be Jesus the Christ who spoke to me. He left me and I felt sure that I would get well, so I fell into a deep and restful sleep. I am sure that this medicine that you have brought will heal my leg'. The remarkable thing is that the leg healed completely in a very short time. Before he left the hospital, he read all the four Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles, and took them with him, back to his home in the mountains. The man's enthusiasm was an inspiration to us all.

A few of my observations
1. There is no contradiction between the use of medicine and the miraculous - this testimony honors BOTH.
2. Jesus appeared in "shining clothes" - this has been the testimony of nearly every muslim who has seen Jesus
3. The muslim man 'knew' it had to be Jesus because of His kindness - not something islam or their prophet was/is known for
4. The dream (or vision) foretold what would happen the next morning - absolutely proving its genuineness
5. The missionary doctor was most amazed with the leg healing (not the man's visitation)
6. The 'fruit' in the muslim man's life was a hunger to read God's Word - clearly not something satan would have done

Comments