praying for Gulf Arab muslim WITHOUT ASKING

sometimes we have to be creative in how we pray for people, especially in public places. I try to approach as many people as I can who I see in wheel chairs. It isn't always possible to get a chance to pray at that time, but at least we can offer to pray and give them our phone numbers. In all honesty, I haven't see very many healings of people in wheel chairs (a few over the last 5 years) but if we don't keep praying, we will never see the breakthroughs.

last night while in the mall, I saw a group of young men, and one of them was in a wheel chair. they were headed into a sporting goods store and so I followed them in. I casually asked the guy in the chair (first in English) what had happened, and asked if it was a car accident. It was (as it usually is in this country). He didn't speak much English and so I switched into Arabic and asked a few more questions. Then I walked away from them.

About 5 minutes later, I walked up again and started to ask a few more detailed questions - did he have metal pins in the leg? etc. He showed me the scars. I asked if there was still any pain associated. There was. At this point, they must have thought I was a doctor. I just put man hand on the area where he pointed to there being pain and just began to pray without even asking. It was just a natural prayer flowing right out of our conversation.

Afterwards, he asked, "are you a muslim?" I said, "no, I am a Christian". I just blessed him again and declared that he would not only walk again, but run! Didn't know I would begin prophesying too! I turned to his friends and said, "Doctors can do alot, but he needs a miracle"! They both agreed and I said goodbye and left.

Funny thing was, another group that was with us approached these same guys a while later and prayed for him again. Not only had this guy NEVER received prayer before in his life from Christians, but then he did TWICE in about a 15 minute period.

How sad that we Christians, who've been given AUTHORITY and have been COMMANDED to pray for the sick, for the most part do not do it!!! Wake us up Lord - show us the Kingdom!

Comments