going after blindness again - this time a Syrian muslim man

Desert Princess has been telling me for months that the man who sells ice cream near our house is blind. I finally met him a few weeks ago, but had no opportunity to pray (he was busy). Today my daughter and I stopped by (to get ice cream too of course) and I knew it was time to "swing the bat" at blindness again.

Before I continue the story, I have to say that I've had a love/hate relationship with praying for the blind. I prayed for a number of blind people before seeing two blind eyes open about 5 years ago. Since then, NOTHING. Believe me when I say it hasn't been for the lack of trying. The dilemma I have is this - God's Word says "the blind WILL see". It doesn't say they "might", or they "could", or "if it's God's will", or "when it's God's timing", etc. The WORD is clear. It is our experience that is lacking.

So there you have it - my dilemma, and I'm buying ice cream from a blind Syrian muslim man. So I grab his hand (in public) and begin to pray for God to heal his eyes. Then I think - "why don't I have my hands on his eyes?" So I let go of his hands and put my hand on his eyes and begin to pray in Jesus' Name. As far as I could tell, absolutely nothing happened. I told him I will come see him tomorrow to see if there is any change. You see there is another dilemma I am facing - I also believe that when a Spirit-filled, Kingdom messenger puts his/her hand on anybody in Jesus' Name something has to happen. How can it not?

Pray for my dilemmas!!!

Comments