muslim man calls back to tell me what happened - waiting to hear from another

Today there were a couple of opportunities to pray for muslims who I gave my number to for them to call me back and tell me what had happened after prayer.

The first one was a Gulf Arab muslim guy with a huge knee brace on (don't need a word of knowledge for that!).  I asked him about what had happened and it was from a soccer injury that was 5 years old.  I followed him out to his car and he let me pray for him in Jesus' Name.  He didn’t feel anything at that time (like tingling, heat, etc.) and so I gave him my phone number and asked him to call me back tomorrow with a report.  I am waiting for that call.

In the evening, I thought for sure I had a word of knowledge for a right wrist problem (turns out I didn't) and asked these two muslim men sitting at a table outside of a restaurant.  After assuring me that neither of them had a wrist problem, they wanted to know why I had asked.  I explained a little bit about words of knowledge and the people we see God heal.  One of them said, "Can you heal other problems or only wrists?"  He had a problem with his colon and he asked me to pray for that.  I laid my hand on his hand which he placed on his stomach.  I prayed for him in Arabic.  He told me he would only know if there was a change when he used the bathroom which he didn't need to use at that moment (yes, I asked!).  I gave him my number and told him to call me later.  Sure enough about 45 minutes later, he called me to tell me that he was "pain free"!

A few things to take note of – first of all, give people a way to get back to you (email/phone number).  You never know what has happened, or will happen after prayer.  I can't tell you how many times there was a "delay" in the answer to prayer and I would have never known had I not given the person a way to get back to me.  If it is a woman, of course I will give them my wife's mobile phone number and not my own.

Secondly, just because a word of knowledge is wrong, doesn't mean God won't "get it right" so to speak.  Again, I can't begin to tell you how many times we have gone in on a wrong word of knowledge and the person says, "I don't have that problem but can you heal this problem…."?  It has happened more times than we can count.  

Comments