Fear Extinguishing - Equipping the Saints

This blog post comes from 2 separate visits to a mall involving a couple of co-workers in this Muslim-majority country. One a Muslim and the other a Christian.

Our primary focus has been outreach, but not only have we been praying for anybody and everybody who wants/needs it, but along the way we have really found that the Christians we meet are isolated, in need of encouragement (in spite of "virtual church" - take note pastors!!!) and however we can do that, we are trying to be such encouragers in this hour.

About 2 weeks ago I met a couple working in the information booth at the mall's entrance. I began to speak with them and see how things had been going with COVID...everybody has a story they want to tell (take note Christians!!!) and just like that, we were having a meaningful discussion. The man was a Muslim from India and the woman was a Christian from the Philippines. She was an active member of Church here that I knew well and had even ministered in formerly. 

While talking with them, I got a word of knowledge for the man who was intrigued that I could have possibly known he had a condition. But instead of doing what I normally do, I decided NOT to pray for him but left the "assignment" with my new Filipino Christian friend.  I gave the man my number and told him he would get healed when she prayed for him.  I also said, that if she didn't pray for him that he could contact me.  I left it at that. 

A little over a week later my wife and I visited the booth and our Christian friend was there alone.  And she was so excited to tell us what happened.  First of all, as soon as I had left, he asked her all sorts of questions about how I could have known that he had had pain and needed healing.  He also asked her other questions about our faith.  It was unbelievable!  She was so encouraged. Who knows how long they had been working together, but God opened a door that day for her to share her faith with her co-worker.

And then he reminded her that she was supposed to pray for him.  He was healed right then and there.  Needless to say, I am sure that other conversations will result.  I can't wait to see the man again myself and hear him testify to the miracle himself!

This story illustrates so many things that we value - being naturally supernatural, training and equipping the saints, marketplace ministry, etc. etc.

...for such a time as this!

Comments