God on the Soccer Field

Last night I was playing soccer with 20 Arab Muslim men. About 5 minutes into the game, one of the players seriously hurt his ankle and was carried off the field. They put some ice on his foot/ankle and we finished the 1st half.

I knew that God had me there on assignment. I went up, sat down next to the man and asked him to tell me where the pain was. After showing me, I took off the ice pack and put my hand on his ankle and began to ask the Holy Spirit to come and bring the Kingdom.

I prayed for a minute or so and then asked him, "How is it"? He checked it out told me that the pain was definitely less. I continued to pray. I felt the presence of the Lord and told him that something was happening right at that time.

After praying a second time, he was a bit surprised. He wondered what I had done. I hadn't asked him; I just sat down, took off the ice pack and put my hand on his foot.

He wasn't 100%, but he got up and began to walk around. I came up next to him and told him that God had done a work of healing in his ankle and to receive the complete healing "by faith".

I played the worst soccer match I can ever remember playing - but my purpose last night was obviously a different one.

Comments

  1. Bringing back good memories of pick up soccer games on training days. Man, I feel like I need you around here (Tennessee). I am coaching the boys High school team and play with them during practice, but the next day (today) all my body aches. I guess I'm getting to old to play with the young guys. Awesome to hear how things are going. We are put in our places for reasons far beyond our understanding or abilities (especially soccer abilities). Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment