One of the "keys" to healing the sick

Last night I went to pray for my friend Muslim friend with the hearing loss. It was a powerful time of ministry where the Lord released several prophetic words/pictures which really directed the ministry time. We spoke at length about God’s goodness, His willingness and readiness to heal people and some of the “keys” to healing. I told him that there can be many factors involved when we pray for healing that can affect the outcome – however God’s willingness is not one of them. For this man, the Lord had shown me and confirmed through a prophetic friend in another country that the “key” for this healing is the spirit of compassion. It will be as we become overwhelmed by the very heart of the Father that the healing of this man will occur.

As we moved into a time of prayer, the Lord through a word of knowledge spoke clearly about some anxiety issues and their causes. He confirmed this to be the case, and I told him that the Lord would release His peace to overcome it and to release him. As we prayed, the Holy Spirit came upon him he began to experience the peace of heaven.

I had received several words of knowledge for the right ear throughout our time together and discovered that this was the first one he suffered hearing loss in. This would be where I focused my healing prayer. However, as I began to wait again on the Holy Spirit, I see the picture of a tree with a distinct shape. I then asked him if there had been any significant trees in his life – Places of solitude? Decision-making? He then said, that there had been 3 different trees, one in each of the three countries he had lived in during his life. I interrupted him before he could tell me more as I wanted the Lord to show us which of the three trees that He was highlighting. The Lord showed him to me as a man in his 20’s sitting under the tree and I knew it was the tree when he was living in England.

It is always interesting when you enter into prayer and the Lord begins to take you places that you hadn’t intended to go. However last night, as much as I tried to get to the ears, the Lord would take us in some other directions. I don’t pretend to know why, but just to trust that He can lead us to the things that are hindering or are barriers to the healing we are after. This Iraqi Muslim man was amazed that the Lord would show someone else that a certain tree was a place of critical importance in his life. He even told me that this past summer he had taken his wife and daughter to show them this tree and explain all the experiences he had had in that place.

We did pray for the ear and although I expected to, I wasn’t able to enter into the spirit of compassion that I was hoping for. I closed by praying that the Lord would give him a dream to reveal the significance of the tree and why He was showing it to me. As I left, he said that he had never had an evening like last night. He had experienced the Kingdom of God – especially just the intimate way the Lord revealed things and allowed him to experience His love.

I am personally encouraged because I also know what I am aiming for as I go to minister to him in the coming weeks – the spirit of compassion. It is there that the full restoration of his hearing will take place.

Comments