And even the friend got touched!

Two days ago, DJ and I were invited to a Pakistani Muslim home to pray for the mother of one of my students. My student had told me that she has arthritic pain in both knees, plus restrictions in the arteries connected to her heart that result in her getting fatigued very easily.

As soon as we walked into the room, DJ felt a pain in a knee, so we decided to pray for this first. After praying several times for about 45 minutes and asking if she felt any improvement, she reported perhaps a 40%-50% improvement in that knee. She reported “heat” in that area. Although the pain did not disappear there was a new strength in that knee, so she could get up and walk without assistance. DJ had also received a word of knowledge about a shoulder, so we prayed for that, and there was a complete healing. (She had had problems in that shoulder for over two years.) Another word of knowledge about a headache also resulted in a complete healing for that condition. We also prayed for her heart – not only for her physical heart, but also for her spiritual heart condition. She later admitted that for a long time she had felt fear, aimlessness and hopelessness.

During this time, a family friend, a younger woman, entered the home. She sat nearby, silently watching us pray and minister to my student’s mother. At one point, I began to feel a pain in the fingers of my right hand – so I turned to her and asked if she had a similar pain. Astonished, she said yes, and eagerly allowed us to pray for her. This pain instantly vanished! She then requested prayer for her knees and elbows – and the pain in those joints also instantly left. She was so grateful! (I was also hugely encouraged, because this was the first time that I’ve been able to give a physical word of knowledge!)

DJ and I later noted to ourselves how much “easier” it was for the younger woman to be healed than my student’s mother. We believe that the mother’s symptoms may have much deeper (demonic) roots – but we believe that as she opens herself up to the Healer, these conditions also must bow to Him.

Comments

  1. Do you know it the Islamic healer has been told of the the greater success that the Christians had with this hurting woman?

    "That you may KNOW that the Son of Man has authority to forgive sins, rise up and walk!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment