Why didn't you tell me Christians could heal?

For the past two years now I've been developing a friendship with a Muslim acquaintance who has many questions about his religion. As I live in a country where there is limited freedom of expression, I was being very cautious in what I said to him - for all I knew, he could be an informant. During this time he was also dealing with a severe and painful infirmity, a pain in his side. He spent a large sum of money on medicine and surgeries and even occult rituals, but none could give him relief. A few weeks ago he noticed an Arabic New Testament on my desk - with great enthusiasm he flipped through it, then he asked if he could have it. I hesitated slightly, then I smiled and said "Sure". Well, he read through it in only a few days, and when I saw him again he asked if he could accompany me to a meeting of Christians. Again I hesitated slightly, then I smiled and said "Sure". Well, he came to our gathering last night. The first thing he told me as he walked into the room was that he felt a great peace. During the meeting, various prophecies and words of knowledge were spoken over him - some with amazing accuracy. He turned to me and asked me if I had told anyone about him (I hadn't). To top it off, DJ got several physical words of knowledge for him, which resulted in various conditions being healed, including the pain in his side. He was so grateful and so surprised. At one point he turned to me and said, "Why didn't you tell me Christians could heal?" I could have tried to explain about the risk of being "too bold" in this country, but I didn't - all I could really do was apologize. I rejoiced with him, yet at the same time I felt rebuked for my timidity. Lord, I desire to follow you more faithfully - too much hangs in the balance if I do not!

Comments