Coffee and Revelation - God speaks at Starbucks

While ordering my morning coffee at Starbucks, I got a fairly clear word of knowledge for a problem in the right side of my neck. Since it came at the time when a particular Starbuck employee was taking my order, I thought it must be for him.

I walked over to my seat and asked the Lord to give me the right opportunity to approach the man.

It is during this time that I am always the most tempted to not give a word - I was thinking, "Was it really a word of knowledge"? "Maybe the guy is too busy right now" (you know what the morning rush-hour traffic at Starbucks can be like).

Faith however is always spelled 'RISK' and so I waited for there to be a bit of a lull in the stream of customers and finally had an opportunity.

I approached all three of the employees and asked, "Does one of you have a neck problem on the right-side of the neck"? I gave a quick explanation of who I was and what I was doing - to help deal with the surprised look on all of their faces.

Then the man who had been serving me said that in fact he had had an ongoing, long-term problem with his neck in the very spot I had pointed to. (By the way, this is the moment when you always breath the hardest sign of relief, knowing "It was you God, thanks".) I told them at that point, that I had felt when I got the word that it was for this very man.

I told the guys that if he would come sit down with me for just a few moments that God was going to heal him of this condition. He was hesitant. He fellow employees seemed to encourage him to go give it a shot, but somehow his fear of man got the best of him. He declined the offer. I was able to give him the card of a near-by Church and told him to come if he ever wanted prayer for his healing.

We don't always get the chance to pray even after a clear word from Heaven. The Lord spoke to me - How could I have possibly known about a 20 year-olds chronic pain? I offered the Kingdom at that point but the man declined the offer. I didn't push it - I never want a person who I am ministering to in public to feel pressured. It is uncomfortable enough for a complete stranger to have approached them in the first place with knowledge about them that they haven't supplied.

I walked out of Starbucks not discouraged but rather encouraged that I had heard from heaven and taken the risk to approach the man God intended to touch.

May we be faithful to step out and keep taking such risks - it is always an adventure.

Comments

  1. Amen! Way to bring that young man an encounter with a God who loves him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment