Doing the Stuff in Nazareth

My family and I have returned to my hometown of 15,000 in the middle of the Bible Belt. I must admit, I was a little nervous about coming home and trying to walk out some of the things the Lord has done in my life over the past year since we were last here. But, He has proven Himself faithful by giving me a great community here and by giving me boldness to do the stuff even here in Nazareth.

The other day, I was walking with some friends out of a restaurant and we saw a little boy with a cast on his leg. I took it as a visual word of knowledge and although it made me uncomfortable, I went up to his mother and asked what was wrong with him. She told me that he had broken his growth plate. I told her that we had seen some things like this healed before and I would like to pray for him. She said that would be fine, but didn't have the time right then. I was a little bummed because we didn't get to go after it right there, but I was encouraged that I had the grace to go through with the asking.

We were also sitting in Starbucks today and I noticed a man with a shaking condition. Then, the name "Robert" came into my mind. I told the Lord, "If this guy's name is Robert, then I'll go after the shaking." So, I asked him his name and it was Scott. Oh well. I blessed him nonetheless.

Last night, I went to a Bible study of some really hungry guys. One prophesied a very accurate word over me. The funny thing about this story is that this man of God now had been a bully in my junior high. I hadn't seen him in over a decade. I also got the chance to impart and pray for all the guys there and share with them some of the stories from this blog. They're looking to start going on treasure hunts as well. The Lord is really on the move all over the world. The supernatural is breaking in.

Later that same night, I was talking to one of my friends and in the course of the conversation, I had a picture of a Hot Wheels car with flames down the side of it. I didn't think much of it and then my friend said, "I haven't gotten any really specific prophetic words." I instantly prayed then that the Lord would give me something specific and He said, "I already did. Ask him about the Hot Wheels." So, I said, "Does a Hot Wheels car with flames down the side mean anything to you?" He said that he really liked Hot Wheels growing up. I know that it's nothing earth shattering like a phone number, etc., but it was really the timing AND the word that made an impact. We weren't praying for anything or soaking; we were just talking and the Lord had dropped the picture in my mind two minutes BEFORE the conversation led to talking about specific prophetic words.

The Lord is showing me that we must move beyond listening to His voice when the conditions are just right, i.e., we've been praising and worshiping for an hour. We must learn to hear His voice and do what we see the Father doing as we're going in the world. It's also imperative we have friends to goad us on in the faith. Otherwise, a lot of our visions will just remain in our head. Thank God for my brothers and sisters!

Comments