Divine Appointment for Egyptian Muslim and his mother

Last week I had approached a man on crutches offering to help solve his knee problem. Tonight while in another part of the city, I see a guy on crutches and approach him to offer the Kingdom (because God is so outrageously good). It turns out it is the SAME GUY and so we arrange to meet later that night.

He told me where the building he lived in was, but there were 4 buildings and I didn't know which one. I knew what company he worked for, and so a man directed me to the building where employees from that particular company were being housed. I then approached a man in the parking structure if he knew this particular guy - he did, because it was his friend. (This was a 12 story apartment building). God was working things out - He always does.

Two of us met with this man and some other relatives of his, including his wife. They had lots of questions and we got to explain clearly the Christian concept of healing, and speak about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. While sitting there, I get a word of knowledge in my left shoulder. I asked him and the others if anybody had a problem there. No one did. He then asks, "does the person have to be in the room"? I said, "No". He then told me that he thought his mother in the next room might have that problem. He checked and sure enough, she had pain at that moment in her shoulder. I asked if she would be willing to come and have us lay hands on her - he said, "No way". She was the most devout Muslim in the family, and understandably she may very well have not wanted Christians to pray for her. I explained again that God hadn't given the word of knowledge for no reason and to check anyway. A few minutes later out walks the veiled mother willing to have us pray!!

I explained quickly what I was going to do and then she agreed to let me lay hands on her for prayer. I prayed and immediately I could feel a strong sense of God's presence. She could feel it too and it lasted well after we were done praying. I explained to her that when the tingling sensation she was feeling subsided that the pain would be gone. Since it was still happening when we left, we weren't able to get the final report from her, but the pain was less than when we arrived. I am expecting a pain-free shoulder when he calls me tomorrow.

After that we got to minister for an extended time to the man with the knee condition. There were several times during prayer where he could feel the presence of God. We didn't see any noticable difference in the knee before we left, but I am expecting him to call me tomorrow with a testimony of change because when I look at the entire set up of how we met twice, how I found his apartment and what happened with his mother - it was all clearly a divine appointment. God doesn't do all that and then we don't see the miracle.

From there we headed to another Muslim home to pray for another injury. Loving people, releasing the Kingdom and watching God do the work. That seems to be a pretty good definition of Christian ministry. Sure was a fun night!

Comments