I'll Have a Little Kingdom With That

My wife and I were on a lovely date and we stopped by Starbucks. While ordering, I struck up a conversation with the cashier and it turns out he was from Nepal. I turned away for a minute while he was preparing the order and two thoughts hit me almost simultaeously: 1) I should ask the Lord for a word for him and on the heels of the first thought, 2) his older brother lives and works in our city. So, I asked him about his brother, "Does your brother work here?" "Yes." Is he your older brother? "Yes, he is my elder brother. How do you know my brother? How did you know?" I told him that God told me and then I asked about his back because I thought I had a word for it as well. Turned out that there was nothing wrong with his back. A few minutes later, he was cleaning up and came by our table to ask if I was a doctor. I told him no, but my wife and I were able to tell him that God loved him and was watching him and that's why He told me about his brother. He looked really rocked and touched. As we were leaving, the other barista called me over and asked if I was a Christian because the Nepali guy had just told him all the things that had just happened. As it turns out, the other barista was a Christian also. Boy, does God have this Nepali's number!

There is a place beyond gritting your teeth and being obedient, though there are times for that, too. But there remains a rest for the people of God. Strive to enter that rest. Guess what I was doing three minutes before the Lord gave me the word about the brother?

Nothing.

Comments