Out and About

Last night I met up with DJ and some friends at a local restaurant. For most of the meal, I noticed this guy with two withered hands eating behind us. Now, I'd like to say that I had the faith to pray for this man and see this work of the devil done away with, but I didn't have it at that time. Instead, as I was leaving, I told our waiter thanks and asked him if he had chest pains or a pain in the neck on the left side. It turns out that he didn't have any pain in the chest, but he nodded about the pain in his neck. I prayed for him and asked again. He motioned that it was gone. I said, "Praise God" and walked out. As we were standing on the sidewalk outside the restaurant to go home, the manager of the place and this waiter come out to us and the manager asks me, "Did you pray for this man in Jesus' name?" I said, "Yes, yes I did." Then, the manager went on to say that he was a Christian too and invited us back in for some tea. As it turns out, he is from a long line of ministers and his father-in-law has 40 churches back in his own country. He invited us to come to his country and minister at some of these churches. During our conversation, DJ got a word for a headache and it turns out it was this brother's. He prayed and within seconds the headache was gone. The brother was mildly shocked.

It's always awesome to see God show up just when you're out and about.

Comments