healings, prophecies and encounters - a normal Church service!

A team of us were able to minister a few nights ago in a service dedicated to the ministry of the Holy Spirit. A number of different churches were represented - which is key because UNITY always releases more of God's Kingdom. We knew it was going to be a special night, especially when one of the Church members and his wife shared how he was healed that week of cancer!

Our team began with an extended time of prophetic ministry - both personal and corporate words were given. It was just so encouraging for me to actually have to kind of put an end to this part of the ministry time. I remember the day when we were just hoping we got a prophetic word or two. Now I have to put a time limit. Truly a new day. Many words of knowledge had been given and one of our team prayed corporately for them all as those near to the people needing healing extended their hands. When I asked how many were already healed (or being healed and significantly better) something like 10 hands were raised. (I counted).

As we flowed into further ministry time, I had people come forward for a number of things - we wanted to impart spiritual gifts (Rom. 1:11), we wanted to continue the prophetic ministry and also pray for people who wanted to have a fresh new encounter with God because Desert Princess and a number of her friends had just returned from the Lakeland Outpouring and wanted to release that.

We also planned on praying for the sick with the laying on of hands.

What followed was about 2 more hours of just God doing what only God can do. As we prayed for the gift of the word of knowledge to be imparted a number of people received words and then were able to minister healing right then and there to the people with the called out conditions. I cannot say how many were healed at this point, but it was many. A variety of problems and conditions were healed.

I was only one of a ministry team that included about 10 others, so I am really not able to relay all the miraculous things God did, but a few others things included:

-A man with a titanium rod in his foot came for prayer. He WAS in chronic pain - I emphasize "was" because after prayer all the a pain was gone!

-At one point, to demonstrate further to some who were a bit more skeptical (I loved their honesty!), I just called for anybody with a headache. I had no word of knowledge - it is just that I can't remember the last time we didn't see a headache or migraine healed. A guy came forward. One of the skeptical ones prayed - most of the headache left (like 90%). Another quick prayer and it was gone.

-2 of us had gotten a very strong word of knowledge for a left wrist/lower arm condition. A couple of people had that problem but an old friend of mine who was there came up to me and said, "I had the left wrist condition and now I am healed".

-A friend of mine had a major encounter with the presence of God - he literally was shaking under God's power (and he told me later that he always 'doubted' those he saw that did that:). He also received the gift of speaking in tongues. He said it just welled up within him and came forth. (note: we didn't emphasize that gift at all - I never do)

- A man with a chronic nerve problem in his neck and shoulder received prayer and could tell that God was in fact touching him deeply in that place. He needs a day or two to confirm what exactly God did.

I actually could go on but I'll wrap it up now. Basically the Lord did more than we ever expected. There were some people who did not receive their healing and for those we will keep contending. However, God broke into this meeting and touched dozens of people - through healings, through prophetic words, through power encounters with Him. He is just outrageously good, never gets tired and loves to just show us again and again what He's really like.

I just wish you could have been there!

Comments

  1. AnonymousJuly 21, 2008

    Wow that sounds awesome! It's great seeing The Kingdom of Heaven invade like this. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment