treasure hunting in the muslim world

tonight, Columba (my charismatic, prophetic, Anglican, British friend) and I headed out to see what God would do. the Lord gave us some pictures and clues as we prayed. One was to go to a specific Starbucks and we'd meet someone on the stairs in front, others clues included words of knowledge for different conditions (most of which we did not find, some of which we did though!)

it was just good to be out, following the Wild Goose (the Celtic term for the Holy Spirit). I always say that "we don't go home, UNTIL we see SUPERNATURAL things happen". Since we went home, you know what has happened! here are some of the things we saw happen.

1) saw a couple of Bedouin muslims and one had a cane and his foot was in a cast. OF COURSE we stopped them. after asking about what happened (he burned the bottom and top of his foot - don't ask how!), I knelt down and just basically began to pray. I knew there might be some resistance had we a) spoken Arabic to them and b) if we asked them first for permission to pray (Note: conservative muslims don't want Christians praying for them!). I snuck in with English and began praying before they even knew what had happened! While I was praying, one figured it out and said to his friend in Arabic, "he's reading over you" (the expression they use for what I was doing, which basically comes from their practice of reading their scriptures over a sick person). Then he tried to say, "NO, NO" (as in I shouldn't be doing it and his friend shouldn't be allowing it). To which I looked up at him and said, "YES, YES" and just continued to pray. Basically, the Lord gave us a fun encounter with these guys. I gave them my number and asked him to call me tomorrow to let me know what had changed.

2) i'll have to say that I found a high percentage of my words of knowledge were NOT words of knowledge tonight - it happens, I'll get over it. the wrong words, did turn into some opportunities though - you've gotta love the way God can redeem ANYTHING! This happened with the picture that I had of Starbucks. We ended up finding a guy on the stairs - the manager (a Christian from India). He needed no prayer when we first met him. None of the words of knowledge fit for him either. we left. At the end of our evening, we came back and found him again. He had said, "I knew you guys were going to come back" (he really seemed to have a prophetic gift - for which I encouraged him to read 1 Cor 14. When we returned, he said he remembered he had a shoulder problem. Columba prayed and he felt the Holy Spirit touching his shoulder. After this, the Lord began to give me a number of prophetic words for him about his wife, and some other things. It was really fun to FIND OUR TREASURE and call out his destiny.

More in the next post

Comments