Healing in Hostile Territory

While visiting the frozen north over the holidays I was expectant, waiting for the Lord's direction. I was on my own but knew that He can speak any time and any place. My senses were alert. Nothing. For weeks I heard nothing from him and no opportunities to release His kingdom came my way, until ...

I was visiting a friend, who I know is very skeptical about the gifts of the Spirit and the power of God in these days. I had spoken to her quite a bit in the past about signs and wonders, about the power of God and I knew she was done on the subject. At this meeting she was complaining about her back, how she had hurt it a couple of weeks previously and that it was getting worse. Hmm. What to do? She got up from the table to do something and my hand just shot out, with no premeditation on my part, to lay on her back. She stopped cold. I prayed for the Kingdom to come and heal her back, in the name of Jesus! I did it in a whisper - very brave on my part! :) Then we all carried on as if nothing had happened. Very funny.

The next day she came up to me and said in passing, 'my back is perfectly fine today'! Praise God! About three weeks later I get an email, 'by the way, my back is still doing well'! I believe she is thinking a little differently today about the power of God. I am so grateful that the Lord took control that day and performed a miracle in face of skepticism!

Comments

  1. Welcome to Joel2Generation! Thanks for sharing - looking forward to many more miraculous posts.

    Is is Dark Horse, or Wild Stallion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark Horse for now, but there's room to grow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment