Prophetic Humility and a breakthrough (of sorts)

Tonight while out, it seemed like we missed almost every prophetic word we tried to give. After the Syrian Muslim man was so powerfully touched in the morning, and the way the Lord led an Ethiopian woman to us asking for prayer (Isaac will blog about it), I figured we would have an incredible night of prophecy and healing.

Basically, we took a lot of risks and seemed to get just about everything wrong. Even when we finally would get something right, we had missed so many other words leading up to one that was right, that our credibility wasn't great.

One of our last stops was a restaurant, where we began trying to minister to our waiter. He was gracious, but basically we were all enrolled in the class entitled, "Prophetic Humility" wherein one seems to miss just about every word they give and through the process of humiliation hopefully learn some humility. I'm not joking, we were not doing very well.

This man, a Syrian Druze, ended up asking us if we could tell him his name - he gave us the first letter. Isaac and Tenacious B took a few stabs at it and eventually gave up. We had also tried to give him some other prophetic words and words of knowledge - almost all of which were off and wrong.

When we were leaving, I felt like I just might have been given him name. I said, "we'll see you again Mahir". He stopped and said, "that's my name". I thought he was kidding. I thought after all the missed words that he was just being funny. He pulls out his ID card and sure enough, his name was "Mahir". I walked downstairs and he pulls Isaac aside and said, "How did he know my name"?

I was extremely encouraged - especially since my attempts at getting someone's name by revelation have never been successful.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Comments