Coffee, tea, cigarettes, the Kingdom, and a side of Shuba

Last night, DJ and I had the opportunity to minister to three guys at once. One guy had had an accident and we went after his injuries, but we didn't want to leave them without ministering to them prophetically as well. Now, let me back up for a second. I knew we were going to pray for this guy with a broken leg and, to be honest, I didn't have a lot of faith for the leg. As I was getting ready, I felt the Lord saying," Don't worry about the faith for the leg, DJ has it covered; go after the prophetic." After He told me that, my heart moved from a low form of unbelief to a higher excitement about bringing the Kingdom. Let's face it: not everyone is sick, but everyone can use a little encouragement. As DJ was praying for the leg, I began asking the Lord what He had for these guys around me.

For one "AZ,", I got the following words: likes to fix cars, good with hands, and loyal. It s out that the only one of the words that was one from that batch, was the loyal word. Along with loyalty, I also felt that he was a good secret keeper and he confirmed that as well.

For another, A1, I got the words: curious, lost a close relative and it still affects you, has a special box in his room where he keeps pictures, loves learning languages. Turns out that he had lost an uncle 7 years ago and it still affected him a lot-- to the degree he still carries a picture of him in his wallet. Moreover, he confirmed that he had a special box in his room where he kept pictures AND that he loved languages. Finally, he confirmed he was curious about learning new things, too.

The last guy, A2: It was hard for me to get a lot for him for some reason. I'm not sure why. He was the most talkative of the bunch, but I did get a few. I felt like he had a good eye for pictures and he confirmed this was so.

After I gave my first round of words, some off, most on, A2 asked me if I had any more. So, I told him to wait a few minutes and I would ask the Lord what else He had in mind for them. From that point on, I felt like something shifted. I felt like the Lord was leading me to tell them their gifting (a clue to their destiny) that He had given them. I felt like the earlier words sowed the seed to receive the declarations. Therefore, I went into round two.

Beginning again with AZ, I told him he was like a bear and that he had a kind spirit, was slow to anger, and a pillar in his family. I went on to add that his family looked to him as much as to his father in time of need. He nodded vigorously at all of these words and told me that his parents were divorced and that left him in a leadership role in his family. I went on to tell him that his gifting was in the area of justice and that he had a heart to see justice for all people.

On to A1, I told him that he was a great helper and lifter of spirits. I told him further that he carried burdens well and that he cheers sad people up with his presence. I finished by telling him that he carries peace on his shoulders and that he should develop the gift God gave him.

Finally, for A2, I told him that I saw him leading groups of people and teaching them. I told him that I felt like the Lord had gifted him with the ability to impart enthusiasm to others and that he should also develop this gift as well.

At the end of the night, I think all of them were very encouraged. In fact, I was pretty encouraged myself because I have never prophesied over 3 people AT THE SAME TIME in a crowded cafe AND hit a pretty high percentage of the words at the same time as well.

One of the main differences (aside from the obvious ones), I think, between the psychic who "reads people's mail" by being observant or demonically inspired and the prophetic minister is this: there is a line where the psychic can ony tell you things about you and about what might happen to you-- he/she has no power to declare and create new realities in that person's life by the spoken word inspired by the Living God. At one point last night, I quit caring about whether or not the word was on or if the person thought it was good: I was declaring it to be so because my Dad told me to and in declaring it, brought it forth. AZ might not have given a rip about justice, but when he left last night he did. A1 might not have thought he was a lifter of spirits, but when he left he was. A2 might not have believed me when I told him that he could give away enthusiasm, but when he left, he most certainly could if he wanted.

O, that God has given such gifts to men!

Comments

  1. Isn't it 'shaba'?

    Who needs to go to Morningstar when Isaac of Ninevah is 'online'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. shing ding ding
    keep doing the stuff, baby!
    a holy jealousy, a holy jealousy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment