The Night of Nothing Becomes the Night of Shooba

A few days ago, I posted an entry called "The Night of Nothing. . .?." Here's the follow-up. I'll let Tenacious B. tell his side of the story and all the great things he got to share.

Tonight, Tenacious B and I met with one of the guys (hereafter "T.") we ran into in our search for sick people. He actually called Tenacious B and asked to meet. We were to find out later that when he left us the other night, he had had a feeling that we were different and that our meeting was not coincidence. As we talked about different things, I started asking the Lord for some words for him. My first word was about a sister. As I thought about it some more, I thought it meant that she had some kind of breathing problem or allergy. As it turns out, none of his sisters have any of those problems, but he did have a twin sister who was killed in a car accident. I also got a word about him being a good uncle-- the kind that brings presents. He confirmed that. I also got a word about his maternal grandfather being a shopkeeper. He confirmed that, too. I also thought that he was close to him, but it turned out he had died before T. was born. I also got the impression that T. wanted more stability in his life which he also confirmed. Furthermore, I felt like he was a deep thinker and often misunderstood-- both things, he confirmed. I also had a word about him not being able to go to sleep easily and a word about dreams. He told us that he couldn't go to sleep quickly at night and when he did sleep, he had bad dreams. Finally, I got a name (granted, it was a common Arabic name) that turned out to be the mother of a potential spouse. I also had some physical words that weren't on and the passing thought that he had headaches, which ended up being right, but I only remembered getting the word after he mentioned it, so I won't count it.

When we got the chance to pray for him, I felt like the Lord was going to break his addiction to cigarettes, give him a great night's sleep, break off his recurring headaches, break off the survivor guilt from his twin's death, and give him a special dream in two nights. So, I put my hand on his arm and started praying.

After I finished praying, he became really animated and started telling us that as soon as I put my hand on his arm, he felt lightness go up his arm and open his head (his words, not mine). In other words, he was feeling the sauce, baby.

Again, I've only told my side of the story, Tenacious B. has some more awesome stuff to add so keep checking the blog!

Comments