The Night of Nothing. . .?

Last night some of the guys and I went out on our usual Kingdom treasure hunt (where we go where God leads and pray for the people we find there, etc.). We stayed out much later than usual and drove all over the city and even into the country looking for people to pray for. We went to place after place and before giving up and going home, I had given four wrong words of knowledge that didn't even get a question! This is about how it went several different times:
"Do you have a pain here?"
"Nope."
"Here?"
"Nope."
"Everything is good? No pain anywhere?"
"Nothing."
"Ok. Good night."
"Good night."

So, as I went to bed last night, I was thinking about how we did end up with a phone number of a guy who might call. He seemed loney, but that was about it. I thought to myself, "Nothing blogworthy from tonight." However, as I sat down to write about some things from other times this week, it struck me that NOTHING had happened and that was ODD. Once you start living a life in the miraculous, you start to EXPECT to see miracles.

This blog is FULL of miracle stories and testimonies. It's easy to read them all and get into a mindset of "another miracle story on joel2generation" blah blah. It's easy to forget when the supernatural has become natural that this kind of living wasn't natural just a few years ago for me. If we define a miracle as something rare and extraordinary, then I have to change my mind and say that last night was indeed miraculous because nothing happened.

Comments