In a land not so far away

This past week my wife, DJ and I had the opportunity to travel to a nearby nation in our region. The first night we were there DJ shared in a house meeting about the normal Christian life and how all of us who believe should expect to see signs and wonders as a lifestyle. It was a powerful message that gripped me to the core. I had been asking the Lord for clearer pictures when prophesying as I felt that I was hitting a wall when communicating what I saw. After DJ shared we began to prophesy over different people who were at the meetings, calling them out and speaking over them in a corporate setting. Usually when I get a word for someone I will get the revelation or picture before I share it. This time the word began to flow out of me before I had time to even think about what I was saying. This was the first time I had this happen. It was like the word was being spoken through my mouth without me knowing really what I was going to say next. It was fun, and I knew it was the Lord because the presence of God was so thick around my head, and my hands began to get hot. I then transitioned into prophesying over another man in the group. He reminded me of my dad, and strangely enough, Robert De-Nero, even though he did not physically look like either of them. I began to speak the qualities that both of these men had, and how those same attributes were very much similar to the man I was speaking over. After I had spoken the man told me how much the word had impacted him, and that I was 100% correct in what was said. I was insanely encouraged by this, as I had just been asking God that I wanted to grow more in the prophetic and step out.

We saw many healings at the meeting that my wife and DJ will no doubt share on more. I had gotten a word of knowledge for a digestive system and the lady happened to be in the room. I prayed for her and we invited the Holy Spirit to come. She could not tell right away if she was healed, but she could feel something happening in her stomach. God was in motion. As I commanded the digestive system well, the woman began to feel God moving in her knee, and she felt the pain going away. She did not even intend to get prayer for her knee, but God new it had to be dealt with. God cares abut the whole person. Although she was not instantly healed right then, the God continued the work to completion over the 5 days that we were in that nation.

God’s nature is revealed through His actions. We should celebrate every victory that we see, big or small being thankful for what God is doing and not what He is not doing. I continually have to learn to position myself in a place of thankfulness for the end result even when I do not see it right away. We must feed ourselves on what God IS doing, and trust Him that He is faithful to His word.

Comments