a slower week in "Nazareth"

A bad day for Jesus was His ministry in Nazareth.

Mark 6:5 - He (Jesus) could not do any miracles there, except lay hands on a few sick people and heal them.

Why do I bring this up? Because I feel a bit like I've had a Nazareth type of week. Not for the same reasons that Jesus' ministry in His hometown was slow (namely their "unbelief"), but because I've been so busy this week, I just haven't really taken the opportunties to pray for the sick.

A couple of nights ago, Isaac of Ninevah, Tenacious B, Shing Ding Ding and another friend went out to see God move. I was actually not even going to join them. I had too much to do (in the middle of moving house) but decided "No, I need to stop checking things off my 'to do' list and go out with friends to see God move".

By the end of the evening, we had seen a number of miracles of healing. One muslim man in particular was so skeptical. I just kept saying "let's stop all the talking and demonstrate to you what we are talking about". Needless to say, when we finally got to lay hands on him, Jesus healed him.

I'll let Isaac of Ninevah blog the miracles in more detail. I am just so in awe of a God who is so willing to extend His hand to heal. I've been in a whole different mode this week - the "I've got to get things done mode" - however, even when I am having a Nazareth type of week (due to just busyness and being distracted), God still shows up and heals the sick.

So thankful that it doesn't depend very much on us at all. His goodness, His willingness, His power. All we do is carve out the time to take a few risks - He doess the rest.

Comments