prophetic picture at 35,000ft

This morning as I was on a flight reading a new book about Prophetic Evangelism, I was challenged by something the author said. Sometimes words of knowledge seem to come easily, but I wasn't getting anything. I had just spent a few days where I seemed to get very little in terms of prophetic words/insights even though I was around scores of lost people.

The author of this book was exhorting us to "wait" until the Lord speaks and not always expect revelation to come instantaneously. I often don't wait very long. Feeling convicted, I set my book down and I just closed my eyes and waited. The woman sitting next to me was my "prophetic target". I just asked the Lord to speak.

While waiting on him, I got a picture of of a table crashing down and all the stuff on it falling to the ground. I struck up a conversation with her and no sooner had we begun than she is telling me that her mother was just diagnosed with Leukemia. I told her that I was a pastor and that I had gotten a picture that I believed was for her. She said the picture fit the way she was feeling as the family was dealing with the cancer news.

I was then able to share with her a couple of testimonies of cancer recently being healed. I told her I had some good friends who live in the city where her mother lived, gave her my email and just encouraged her to consider having them come and lay hands on her mom.

We'll see what happens - I'm just glad I pressed pass my own discouragement and waited a bit longer...

Comments