the awkward silence before someone responds

Last night while getting my computer fixed, I wandered into an office of Indian Muslim men. I wanted to know if the Lord would give me any revelation for them. I then got a word of knowledge for a pain in a certain part of the back. I also got several other words. At this point, Ravished had joined me and we proceeded to ask if they had any of the conditions we felt the Lord wanted to touch. The room was silent. There was that awkward delay when you give a word of knowledge and no one is coming forward. I knew the word I had gotten was clear so I just kept pressing. Another word I had given was for a problem in the left knee, but as I continued to wait for more insight, I sensed it was actually eczema on around the knee. The silence continued, and I kept asking these 4 men. FINALLY one of them said that he had the back problem. I laid my hands on his back and after the first time of prayer it was over 50% better. After praying again, it was about 80% healed. This gave us an opportunity to then speak of God's Kingdom. Demonstration 1st, Speak 2nd!

Ultimately another felt a word I had gotten about a problem in the left ear was for his son. A door was opened and these men want us now to come and minister to some of their friends who need healing.

When we ask God to speak on behalf of others (especially non-believers) we are always required to take the risk (which is exercising faith) to see if we have heard accurately. The more we do it, the better we get at discerning the Lord's voice. In this case, I was so sure that God had spoken that I just waited and kept asking. At the end, one of them took the risk to respond to the word and receive prayer. What about the other words that no one claimed? I can't know for sure unless I have further contact with these men, but I know that one or two of the other words of knowledge were for men in that room but they weren't willing to speak up.

We have got to be willing to look foolish - I can't tell you how many times I've given a word in a church setting and NO ONE responds. It looks pretty bad. However, every time someone comes up afterwards and says, "that word was for me but I was nervous to stand up...".

Comments