my thoughts about the Muslim man whose ankle was healed

I know Isaac has already posted the testimony, but I wanted to add a few things about that night and what we saw happen. I was personally in a bad way that night - my neck was killing me as I had woken up that morning with a stiff neck. I was simply not headed out to demonstrate the Kingdom and try to obey Matthew 10 - 'heal the sick'. I was staying in.

By the time Ravished and Isaac had gotten to my house, I was feeling well enough to at least be a "warm body" as they headed out. I fully didn't expect to be that much of an initiator and/or participator in the evenings' festivities.

What I learned yet again, when that Muslim man told us about his painful, sprained ankle, is that God is never tired, He is never sidelined by a stiff neck and most importantly, when we extend our hands in His Name, HE SHOWS UP!! Our friend was shocked at the way he went from a painful sprain to 90% pain-free. I was shocked at how God still used me on a night when I wanted to simply roll over and go to sleep.

Obviously what happened to this man was significant enough that he had a Muslim woman who needs a miracle call me the following day and even as I am writing my wife is going to meet with her to minister God's Kingdom.

I'm glad I decided to go out that night. It never depends upon us anyway - why do I always keep forgetting that??????

Comments

  1. You say> "It never depends upon us anyway - why do I always keep forgetting that?"
    Of course, if not one of us, God will find someone else to fulfill his purpose, but God is saying, as in Ezekiel 22, "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. God does 'co-labor' with us and often I believe His work doesn't get done because we don't "stand in the gap". My point was simply that whether or not God can use us doesn't depend upon how I 'feel' at that particular time. I didn't feel at all 'spiritual', I wasn't in a very good mood (because of my neck) and didn't have a whole lot of expectation that I would see much happen that night. God surprised me though. Does that clarify what I meant? Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly understood now. Haha...yes its beautiful - the fact that whatever you feel at that moment, your hand, your tongue, your body can be used by God. It was just my feelings earlier about the fact that sometimes we think that God does not depend on us to get things happening. We keep praying "Godddd touchhhh him" and God is saying "You touch him"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment