Living Water Flows Again

So, I get this call from my Syrian friend (who bears a resemblance to Sacha Baron Cohen). He tells me that he needs to see me today. This was about 5 PM and I was pretty booked up that evening, but he was serious about getting together soon. I told him the soonest I could see him would be about the 9 o'clock hour and he was agreeable to that. I was running late and it was close to 10 when I finally met him at a Starbuck's. Anyhow, he told me that yesterday morning he woke up with a severe headache and was highly irritable. The slightest thing set him off. He wasn't getting on well with his roommates. Moreover, he was plagued with disturbing dreams the following night. He awoke in the middle of the night from a troubling dream and felt like something was strangling him... Yikes. Now, things seemed to be adding up. Demonic? Ya think? The clincher was when he told me he tried to seek some relief by reading the Qur'an. Talk about the cure being worse the sickness. He said that he also read portions of a New Testament that I gave him. He said he had better success with that.

Anyhow, after briefly establishing the situation, I told him there was nothing left to do, but pray. He said, "Well, that's what I called you for!" Duh. So, anyhow, I put my hand on him and prayed God's peace, presence, and love over him. I broke off the demonic bonds and affliction. And prayed for God to touch him, fill him, and rule in his life." I could tell something was happening. His expression clearly demonstrated that he was feeling the peace of the Lord. I asked him what he felt. He said that he felt like water was pouring over his head, down past his ears, and neck. He said the headache had lifted. I prayed again, that the Lord would finish what he was doing and preserve this freedom.

I was able then to share a great deal with him after that. About God's love for him, and his desire that he walk in his blessings and freedom. I told him that he had tasted of the goodness of the Lord, but that there was much more for him to experience. He asked if it was ok to place the New Testament under his pillow. I told him it was better to turn to the one whom the book speaks of. I gave him a simple prayer to pray and some scriptures to read for comfort.

Good times. Lord finish your work in this young man's heart.

Comments

  1. Thanks for continuing to share your stories. We continue to read, be encouraged and be challenged in contending with you in our place of service. Press on for He has overcome the world!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment