out of the ocean to pray for the sick

while bodyboarding with my son and a couple of friends, I noticed a couple walking down the beach and the woman had a neck brace on. I tried to come out of the water but felt a bit self conscious approaching people for prayer all wet, no shirt, holding a body board with fins on my feet. I figured my wife would "see" the woman and offer prayer.

my wife didn't see her and now the couple was walking back down the beach to pass us again. I had to do it.

I hobbled up to them (because I was wearing swim fins:) and asked what happened. She had been thrown from a horse a few days earlier and they'd fused some of the vertebrae.

I explained I was a minister and asked if I could pray. They said yes, I took her hand and released God's healing into her neck and back. They were very thankful.

They walked away, I hobbled back into the water.

I don't know what happened - but something must have because a spirit-filled believer can't lay hands on someone and nothing happens.

Comments