security guard asks me to get off the floor after praying for a woman's healing

I had a first time experience a couple of days ago. While praying in public places, I've had my share of encounters with security people - being asked to leave, being asked to stop approaching people, etc. etc. I have never however simply been told I can't sit on the ground - here's what happened.

We saw this African lady (from Ghana) with a cane sitting on a bench in a mall. I approached her and asked if we could pray for her - she had had surgery in her right ankle. She readily agreed and so as to make praying easier I sat down on the ground. I didn't realize that a security guard began watching at some point during the time of ministry.

At the end of the prayer time, I just kept sitting on the ground as we talked. At that point, a female security guard approached me. She explained that I can't sit on the ground for "safety reasons". I told her I was praying for the woman and then she said, "yes, I know but now your are done". (We were finished - she got that right). I of course complied.

What happened to our Ghanian woman? During prayer she said it felt "lighter". I asked her how she would know if it were truly better. She said, "I'd have to walk for a while". I said, "Let's do it". We walked her all the way to where the family's car was waiting for her. All the time we walked she said it felt better and better.

Comments