Anybody Can Do the Stuff!

About two weeks ago, two friends and I were taking a God walk. We had prayed beforehand and received lots of words about what the Lord wanted to do and where he wanted to do it. We ultimately ended up in one place and right off the bat we started giving words to the people that we encountered. A few of them looked at us suspiciously and others allowed us to pray for them. But by 10:30 or so, we hadn't really seen a lot of breakthrough/breathtaking things. I was feeling a little discouraged when we decided to break for some tea. One of my friends is from Africa and I really wanted him to be able to go back with some good testimonies about how good God is. So, I encouraged our little group with, "Nothing much happens before 11 anyway," and we went on our way to another part of the area.

As we went, we reviewed the words that we had received and had written down. We then stopped at a place to grab a bite to eat and as we were standing there this guy with a broken right arm comes up to the counter and plops his arm down. I didn't even notice it! My friend leaned over and says, "Don't we have a broken right arm written down on our list?" So, we turned to the man and told him, "Do you want to hear something really crazy?" He agreed so I told him that we had been led by God to come to the area and pray for a man with a broken right arm. At first, he didn't believe it, preferring to think it referred to someone else, but later on, he allowed us to pray for him.

We sat down and my friends and I started praying for this guy. After a moment or two, we asked him to move his fingers, which he did and added, "But I could do that before." So, we asked him to move his arm. He began twisting it side to side and halfway through the rotation, his jaw dropped and face froze: there wasn't any more pain.

Just before heading to bed that night, my friend said, "I'll never forget the look on that guy's face when his arm didn't hurt."

That's normal Christianity and going back to anything else is not an option.

Comments