It's About the Body

This weekend I joined our team for some ministry. I had the opportunity to pray for four people. Usually, at these events, one has the chance to pray for about 30 or so, but since there were so many others there to pray, I could concentrate only on a few. The neat thing is that this is the same place DJ and I ministered a few months ago and there weren't any other people to help us out in the prayer line, but this time, we were well-supported. Anyway, the first lady I prayed for had a recurring problem that she needed healed of. I briefly saw Jesus putting His hands on her head as if crowning her. So, I did the same thing and started praying for her. Almost within seconds of beginning to pray for her, the tears flowed down and then she went limp and hit the floor. Luckily, there was someone behind her who became the unofficial catcher. She just laid on the ground convulsing and sobbing for several minutes. I don't know if she was healed physically, but I know she got touched by the Holy Spirit. It's still odd to me to see people fall because I know I didn't do anything.
The next guy came and he needed prayer for feeling unworthy and I felt the Lord telling me to hug him. I hugged him and he buried his head into my shoulder and wept. I'm sure we looked strange: short, Indian guy with his face in a taller white guy's shoulder and both of us weeping. As I look back, I see the peculiarity, but then it was the right thing to do. I prayed for him as well and when I finished, I didn't let him leave, but asked him to keep receiving from the Lord by standing where he was.
The next man who came needed some inner healing as well as an arm that hurt because of a previous injury. I prayed for him and then I went after the arm. I prayed for it and then asked him how it felt. He said, "It still hurts." I prayed again, "It still hurts," he said. I then remembered the guy standing next to me that I just prayed for and I asked him to pray with me for this other guy's arm. We both laid hands on him and prayed. I asked him to move it around and as he started to I saw that I-can't believe-it-doesn't-hurt-look in his eyes and knew it was healed before he said, "It's doesn't hurt anymore." The guy who helped me pray was so overjoyed. He told me that it was his first time to see someone healed. We high-fived each other in the middle of the prayer line.
Lastly, a man with diabetes came up for prayer and as I was praying, I felt the impression that he was a manager or something in his work. He agreed with me and started weeping. I also prayed for his diabetes. We're still waiting to see what happens with that, but I know the Lord touched him as well.

All the glory goes to Him Who enjoys working with us to release the Kingdom.

Comments