The Week in Review

God has done some amazing things in the past week since we arrived back in the US. On one night, I was able to do some impartation with some guys and during this week they have seen an increase in the prophetic and healing anointings. One of my friends immediately began moving in physical words of knowledge and gave two accurate ones in the space of 24 hrs. Another friend who was already prophetic experienced an increase in words. Finally, another friend's visionary capacity has also increased. One of the other guys in the group had some great dreams.

This past weekend, we traveled to another city to be a part of a conference with a well-known prophetic voice. The icing on the cake was that there were other well-known prophetic voices also there. In fact, there was one author there just in the audience. As we were walking around looking for seating, I saw his name on a piece of paper on the seat. When he came in to sit down, I recognized him from the the picture on his book I had bought three days before. As he was leaving, I was able to stop him and ask him for impartation. He was really eager and approachable. Between him and the other conference people, I really feel like I got an awesome deposit that I started drawing on tonight.

Tonight, I was able to share in a church about some of the things the Lord has been doing in my life and in our ministry overseas. Before going, I was in prayer and the Lord just spoke to me in my heart about how He was going to use my words. To be honest, last summer I was pretty uptight before going to speak and really anxious about getting my words right, but the Spirit came down and dropped His heart into mine and I really felt Him near as I was speaking. I really felt like He was releasing the manifestation of what I was talking about AS I was talking. In a word, incredible. After we spoke, I was able to pray for several people. One lady came up and I got a physical word for her back which was dead on. I was also able to prophesy over her for a few minutes. The awesome thing is that she was one of the hungriest people there and she is 80 years old! How humbling was it for me to pray for this dear saint and to hear her heart of wanting everything Jesus had for her. Another lady came for prayer and I had another physical word of knowledge for her left side which was on. As I was praying for her, the Lord also gave me a ton of prophetic stuff and another word about healing for her head and neck. Her husband also came for prayer concerning a knee problem. Afterwards, he said that the pain was gone, but the tightness was there. All in all, it wasn't a bad night for praying for healing and prophesying in a Southern Baptist church!

Even as I'm writing this, I still feel the nearness of His anointing and I could just go on typing about all the great things He's doing in people's lives here. I really believe He's calling the church to walk in the now and to follow in their destiny now. The time for putting things on the shelf for later is over. The time for vision is now. Far too many churchgoers get a nice helping of guilt every Sunday for not doing what they pay others to do. It's time for Joe in pew four to break out and release the Kingdom in the donut shop. Praise God for all the great things He is doing, has done, and will do.

For people reading this, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of impartation. Every major jump in my spiritual journey has been predicated by someone futher ahead than me praying for me. I don't know how it works or why it works, but it seems to me that God has given some of our brothers and sisters stuff we don't have so we will humble ourselves, live in relationship with them, and gain what they've been given. God truly opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. True humility is honesty before God and recognition of your dependency on His way of doing things. So, if you're feeling like you're running a little empty, find someone moving in what you want to move in and have them pray for you. My motto now is: you can impart anything you got. Then, take what you've received for a little test drive and see what the Lord will do for you.

Comments