Captain D's Gets a Word

My family and I were ordering in a Captain D's the other day, and I noticed that the cashier's name was Deborah. Thinking that this was a sign, I proceeded to tell her that she was good at seeing problems clearly and had a gift of discernment. I also felt like the Lord was telling her that the conflict she was in was going to be resolved. She said thanks and I went on to our seats. A few moments later, another employee came by and wanted to shake my hand. He said that shortly after I had spoken with Deborah, she had come back and told him that some guy had just told her her life story. He went on to confirm the word about a conflict he knew of in her life. He, too, was a Christian and was greatly encouraged that someone would take the time to say something to a stranger about her life.
Now we all have conflict of some sort in our lives and most of us would own up to a measure of discernment, but before we're quick to judge the word the Lord has given us, we must see how it affects the person. What may be insignificant to us, may be life changing to someone else. What may sound like a generic word to a skeptic, was a ray of light to this woman-- even at Captain D's.

Comments