Man refuses prayer after a word of knowledge reveals his pain

While reading the morning newspaper in my local Starbucks (or "St. Arbucks" as Bill Johnson calls it!) I received a word of knowledge for the man sitting next to me. The Lord showed me he had a problem in his left leg. I approached him and asked if there was something wrong with his left leg. He confirmed that there was chronic pain in that leg caused from a motorcycle accident.

I explained how I knew it (from the Lord) and asked if I could pray for him. I told him that God would take away the pain.

To my surprise he replied, "I would rather you didn't".

It is quite a rare for a person, especially in the West, to refuse prayer in a situation where God has revealed their condition, but they are always free to either receive or to reject what God wants to do.

Comments