supernatural moments in a neighboring country

This past weekend while traveling to in another country, the Lord opened up for us a number of opportunities to minister supernaturally to people around us – both believers and non-believers. While I am encouraged with what I am about to share, I can also testify that there were many missed opportunities. Our goal should always be to obey His promptings, and yet there were a occasions when the Lord gave me a word of knowledge for someone and I simply didn’t take the time, I didn’t take the risk and I didn’t overcome my own fear of man issues and offer them the Kingdom. One definition of maturity in the Lord must be missing fewer and fewer of the opportunities the He gives us.

One afternoon while in a shopping mall, the Lord gave me a couple of words of knowledge for a Bangladeshi muslim man who was working in a restaurant. As I was standing in front of him, the Lord revealed that he had both a digestion problem and a pain in one of his arms. He had those conditions, and I grabbed his hand over the counter and explained what God wanted to do before praying quickly for his healing. He was working and I didn’t have the chance to really follow up but a Christian friend of mine will.

Another time, Desert Princess and I had the chance to pray and prophesy over the Christian family we were staying with. The Lord revealed a number of physical conditions that needed healing; we prayed and things began to happen. One of their shoulders’ improved dramatically. Other pains left or were greatly reduced. A knee problem was healed – which was only verified the following morning during a pain-free 3km run. As encouraging as the healing touch of the Lord was, the prophetic words that the Lord spoke through us were the most encouraging because the Jesus spoke words of Kingdom destiny into their lives – things about their giftings and things about their roles in the Kingdom.

May I grow in maturity by missing fewer and fewer opportunities!

Comments