healings at the markets

These past two weeks we have seen God break in all over our city in demonstrations of power, resulting in the sick being healed, the oppressed being set free and people turning their hearts to Jesus. It has been an amazing time of acceleration and increase. DJ has touched on some of this already in his posts, but we had a group of revivalists come in from the USA to equip and empower the people of God in our area to step out in signs and wonders, and over the span of two weeks in two different countries we saw well over 300 miracles.  Most of the miracles happened on the streets or in malls, but God did so much that I have lost count of all the healings that took place.

On the second day that we had the group with us we went down to the old part of town with the intention of praying for the sick and releasing destiny through the prophetic. We were walking around for about half an hour but were having a difficult time communicating with people due to a language barrier. I felt during this time that I began to step out with a greater boldness than I usually do, but still the people were hard to communicate with. A couple of us walked into a sports shop and saw a man from India sitting alone, so I asked him if he had an arm problem. I was a word of knowledge that I got when I walked in the shop. He thought I meant, “arm band” so he took me to the back. “No”, I said “I mean do you have pain in your arm”. After playing charades for a while he started to clue in, but became more confused and insisted his arm was fine. I then asked him about his stomach pain. He stopped in his tracks and began to listen a bit more. I told him that if he let us pray God would heal him. Long story short, he let me lay hands on him and when I did he testified to feeling heat and light. I told him it was the presence of Jesus healing his stomach, but he did not know what “Jesus” was. This is where not knowing the language becomes very difficult. The man was healed that very moment, but he did not know how, except that it was a God who cared for him.  May the Lord reveal himself to this Indian man in a way that he is able to truly understand.

We talked to a number of different people but they were not interested in being prayed for. It was then that I got a text message from DJ, who had a team of people with him at another location in the city. The text message read, “20 people got healed at a Gas Station! Praise God!” I read this to my group and we all got stirred up with faith and passion.  We stood on the testimony of the other group, and as soon as we did miracles began to break out in our location. A whole group of Filipino and Nepali workers were hanging around 10 meters from us waiting for shops to open. We walked up and just began asking them if they had various pains. As they opened up, we prayed and God instantly began healing people. Backs were healed, shoulders, rotator cuffs, ankles, knee’s, headaches and much more.  As more and more people were healed, more people started showing up wanting prayer. We even had people dragging us to other people that they knew that needed healing. Once someone was healed, they asked me where they could find a church in the city.  I ended up giving my number to many people, and gave out even more numbers of people I know from their own nationalities that can really connect and disciple them. It is absolutely thrilling when you see people getting healed by the power of God on the street and get them plugged into an environment in which they can grow in the Lord. It’s the normal Christian life! That day we saw thirty healings in that location, and some people even received a couple healings. God heals the whole person, not just some.

I will continue to post in more testimonies from the last two weeks. There are many! 

Comments