A sweet God in a sweet shop

While in a neighboring country I approached a local man in an Arabic sweet shop to ask for directions to a juice bar. While in his shop I got a word of knowledge for an ankle. I asked him if he was the one with the ankle problem, but he wasn’t. He did however have a massive skin disease that seemed to cover his whole body. I asked him through a translator I happened to have with me if I could pray for him to be healed of his condition right their in the shop. He looked at me kind of strange with a nervous smile on his face, but he let me put my hands on him to pray. After I prayed the man said he could not tell any difference right then, but I assured him that something had been set into motion when I prayed and that he would begin to notice in the next few days the skin begin to clear up. I then began to prophesy over him and his business. The man was extremely touched by the prophetic, so much so that he felt compelled to bless me with a traditional Arabic sweet bowl. I noticed on a few different occasions this past week that when we step out in boldness in signs and wonders, God looks after our natural needs and blesses us back. It’s not that we ever require anything in return when praying for peoples healing, but it is always a blessing and a reminder to me that God takes care of us when we have a heart to see his kingdom established on the earth in greater measure. I really felt a heart of compassion for this man in the sweet shop, and I know that God is even now continuing to stretch out his hand to heal.

Comments