healings through the laying on of hands

There are many ways that God can and does heal (in spite of the many misunderstandings and wrong teachings in the Body of Christ concerning the ways God heals, and/or His willingness to do so).

At the end of the services we minister in, we always offer to lay hands on the sick. Over the weekend, we saw a number of healings that were more in the sovereign realm, i.e. God reveals a condition through a word of knowledge and heals the person without the laying on of hands. However, we have also been commanded to, "Heal the sick"(Matthew 10).

Many were healed as Desert Princess and I prayed for different conditions - a baby with a fever was healed. I released "heavenly antibiotics" through prayer into the child's body and the next night the mother came to microphone to testify to her baby's healing! We saw back pain healed (I blogged about the hindu man, but there were others too). Stomach conditions were healed, an ankle condition was healed - which people testified to publically.

While ministering healing, the Lord would often release further words of knowledge for conditions that the person had or someone in their family. That happened on a number of occasions - healings followed a number of those words. Some still need to be confirmed (through an x-ray or a blood test).

Let us become familiar with His Ways. For years, I thought I knew something about healing and praying for the sick. How little I truly knew!! Today, I think I know something, but I know that the same reality must still be true - I am sure I have more to learn by far than I currently know. How do I know that we still have a long way to go? Because our ministry doesn't even look close to what Jesus' ministry looked like.

Still learning lot more about His Ways - How about you?

Comments