Christian university - one student's testimony (part 2)


Here is part of the email from the Professor who forwarded me what the student had sent:

On the day that...DJ came to speak to the class I was already wanting to build a stronger relationship with the Lord.  My life's been really hard especially for the last four years and my faith faltered greatly and for the last couple years I've kind of just been doing what I had to in order to be considered a Christian, but I haven't really been on fire for the Lord since I was about 7 or 8...When he came to speak to our Old Testament class, I was kind of listening, but he really caught my attention when he said that the bad things that happen to us were not because God was punishing us.  As soon as he said that, he had all of my attention. So many of the things that he said were the things that I had been needing to hear.  After the class I went up to...[you] and told [you] that I really needed prayer in my relationship with the Lord which was when [you] told me [you'd] be more than happy to pray with me, but that we should go check out the healing/prayer circle.
  

Now all I've ever seen have been exorcisms so when the topic of "healing" came up I automatically blew it off just because that was (to me) one of those things that God never really did.  When we went outside, I decided to be open and see what was going on because I really wanted to believe that God was going to show himself that day.  The first thing that shocked me was when the young lady had her broken thumb healed, after that I knew something bigger was going on.  Then after a couple of healings, L. asked if anybody's knee was hurting and all I could think was what in the world is going on.  So I raised my hand because I figured nothing worse could happen, except I was really uneasy with the idea of people laying hands on me like they had been, so I was thanking God when he said we should put our own hands on our knees.  At first when [DJ] was praying for the trauma to be gone, I was just letting the words soak in and all of a sudden my entire leg got really warm and I kind of just blew it off and decided it was just the sun, but then when he started actually praying for the injury my knee got all tingly which was really odd to me.  When he was finished and asked how I'd know if it was healed and I did the squat, I was just praying I wouldn't collapse.  When I was able to do it without pain and without it wiggling or shifting, I thought I was going to faint.  It was unbelievable! I still shake when I think about the fact that God healed me! Out of all the people in the world to heal and He showed himself to me, in my head all I could think was how I had ignored Him and how badly I had lost faith and yet He decided that that was the only way to get through to me.  I was so shaken up and just excited and I knew that I really wanted to have the relationship with God like I used to... 
[Since last week] my relationship with Christ has already gotten better, and I've opened up and asked people for prayer (which was something I've always struggled with because I don't like asking people for help).  Thank you for opening the door to helping me on my way to getting right with the Lord!

Comments

  1. "I still shake when I think about the fact that God healed me! Out of all the people in the world to heal and He showed himself to me, in my head all I could think was how I had ignored Him and how badly I had lost faith and yet He decided that that was the only way to get through to me."

    I felt her renewed excitement as I read this post. Glorious! Jesus the SAME (Heb. 13:8) compassionate Savior still heals! (Thank you God for these encouraging posts!)

    Rick S.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment