Doing the Stuff. . . or At Least Trying

Last night, we were out looking for people to pray for. Prior to going out, we get together and pray and ask the Lord to show us who to look for. So, I made a list of some people I saw and one of them included a man on crutches. Later that night, it was getting late, and I hadn't seen anyone on the list. . . until this guy comes down where we were sitting on crutches. He passd us and went inside the smoke-filled sitting area while we remained outside. Remember we had a man on crutches on our list, I asked one of my friends with me to go in and break things open. We went on inside and did the pleasantries and then cut to the chase: "God told us to pray for your leg to get healed." Well, as it turned out, the man had broken it and had metal plates inside of it. This past summer, however, I had been there when someone prayed for a lady with metal plates in her arms and afterward, she couldn't feel them anymore. I told the man this testimony, but I don't think it increased the faith level in the room very much. In fact, I was really hoping that he had the faith for it, because I was feeling a little low myself. I moved closer to him and began praying. NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. ZERO. I prayed again. NOTHING. He didn't feel heat, cold, tingling-- nothing. I shrugged and explained that it was a gift that had to be practiced and all the guys in the room were remarkably gracious and understood the concept. Many people think that if a person doesn't see 100% it must not be real. Well, there ain't nobody batting 100. Anyway, I didn't want to leave the place that night, so I started reading my list (not the best thing to do if there hasn't been any demonstration, but I was tired and ready to see the Kingdom break in on somebody). As it turns out, no one in the whole place had ANYTHING wrong with them. Go figure. I also tried to get some prophetic words and got NOTHING. My friend, however, had the awesome opportunity to present some Kingdom principles and answer some good questions in an understandable way to some hungry guys. Before leaving, I asked the man I was sitting next to if I could impart a dream to him. He said that he didn't dream, but would like to and he said that I could go ahead and pray for him. I did and gave him my number and asked him to call me after his dream. As of today, I haven't got a call. . . yet. In a few weeks, he goes back to the doctor for the pins. Pray with us that the report will be: Where are those pins?

We'll see.

Comments