trip report#3 - power and prophetic evangelism

As I mentioned in the last post, the Lord wants to demonstrate His Kingdom to the lost more than I think many Christians realize. In many ways, I can testify that I have seen more remarkable miracles in evangelistic contexts than I have in the Christian meetings.

While traveling we saw many miracles happen that God directed at the lost. Here are a few of those stories:

- Before we were beginning an evening Christian service, I left the building to use the bathroom. While walking by a construction area, I got a word of knowledge for a left arm problem for one of the workers. On my way back, I approached this muslim man, named Musa (Moses), and sure enough the word was right. I prayed for him and the Lord healed his arm. The reason I know for sure he was touched (sometimes people tell you they are healed when they aren't unfortunately) is because about 1/2 hour later he comes walking into our meeting area looking for me with another muslim friend who needs healing. He testified to my friend who was hosting the meetings, that he was healed when I prayed for him and had come to bring his friend to receive healing as well.

- While visiting a beautiful tourist location, we began to minister prophetically and in the word of knowledge with a Saudi Arabian muslim family. As the Lord spoke accurately into their lives, He captured their attention and a door was opened to follow them up. While ministering to them, a couple of men who worked there asked us if we could prophesy over them like we had done to the Saudi family. By the time we left this tourist site, we had prayed for healing, prophesied over and generally ministered to well over a dozen people. Word spread that we could heal the sick and could bring them revelation, and so when we finally reached our car, there were a group of about 10 people waiting there for us to minister to them. One woman wanted prayer for a sick uncle in a nearby village, so we laid hands on her and imparted a gift of healing for her to carry to him. Not a bad afternoon!!

- In one shop, a Yemeni muslim man began to hear God's thoughts about him. The Lord revealed to him a sin issue in his life and in a very sensitive way, I was able to share with him that I knew about it and that the Lord wanted to set him free. He was hungry to meet with a Christian friend who lives there to receive prayer for freedom. It is always amazing how God's voice opens the door.

- Another muslim man came to meet with us and declared that he would have a hard time not following Jesus if he received prophetic words from the Lord. Isaac of Ninevah got to work and delivered one accurate prophetic word after another to him. He was nearly speechless. At the end, we laid hands upon him and asked for God to take him into an encounter and to release a vision for him. He had a vision while we prayed and had a genuinue encounter with God's presence. We call this "presence evangelism"! Needless to say, this man is about as close to the Kingdom as anyone I've seen and could very well have come into it by the time I write this.

Overall the words of knowledge that the Lord gave us in public places are simply too many to list here. All I can say is that it seemed like nearly every place we went, every shop we entered, restaurant we ate at, that the Lord would speak words of knowledge and other prophetic stuff for the people around us - for employees, for customers, for workmen outside. It was just so much fun. When people would let us pray, we would see many healed. I can't say everyone we got a word for was healed, but I can say that almost all of them were.

Comments