Finding A Context

There are many people who are not comfortable approaching people on the street and just start talking to them. I, too, am part of this group. Just walking up to a person with a cast on or something else noticeably wrong with them ain't my style, though I do it on occasion. No, I've found something to be more in line with my personality and more natural for me. I hope this "revelation" is freeing to a lot of people out there who think you have to be an extreme extrovert to do "evangelism" (aka, the "E" word). Here's the revelation: Ask people about their physical pains or test prophetic revelation areligiously to people with whom you have a natural reason to converse. So, if walking up to random people is too intimidating, try talking to the people you run into every day: the mailman, the waiter, the checkout lady, the manager, etc. You already have a context to speak to them (to order something, to pay for something) so that gives you a platform for asking other questions. I tried this out again this afternoon. I was ordering food and I felt some physical words for one of the workers at this fast food place. Two of the words were on and I told him that the Lord was going to heal him. He was already a Christian, but at least he was encouraged. Not everyone the Lord wants to touch is a lost person; He loves His children, too.

Keep exploring the space.

Comments